Students will learn the principles and applications of science, economics and management of animal and plant production, agribusiness, land and water management, and systems analysis.
Faculty of Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Agricultural Science is an interdisciplinary field that encompasses essential aspects of agriculture and agronomy. Agriculture involves a holistic understanding of the techniques and efficient and careful management of resources for the sustainable production of animals and plants for human consumption. Agronomy included research and development that leads to improved production.
Students will learn the principles and applications of science, economics and management of animal and plant production, agribusiness, land and water management, and systems analysis. They will be introduced to the fundamental scientific concepts of agricultural production in order to understand the current issues faced by the industry as well as to develop novel technologies to assess and improve the agricultural sectors.