The programme aims to allow students to understand, analyse, practice and evaluate the knowledge and laboratory skills of a range of biochemistry topics.
Faculty of Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
The importance of biochemistry has grown as techniques for its study become more sophisticated with applications in genetic engineering and molecular bioengineering as well as in the physiological and medical areas. The topics of molecular biology, biotechnology and genetic engineering are derived from biochemistry and the subject interacts with a wide range of other biology-related disciplines. Biochemistry is also the core subject in bioinformatics which links the biological sciences to computer technology.
The programme aims to allow students to understand, analyse, practice and evaluate the knowledge and laboratory skills of a range of biochemistry topics. It provides strong training in practical methods, data analysis and problem solving related to biochemistry.