The programme aims to allow students to understand, analyse, practice and evaluate the knowledge and laboratory skills of a range of chemistry topics.
Faculty of Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Chemistry is essential for meeting our basic needs of food, clothing, shelter, health, energy and clean air, water and soil. Chemical technologies enrich our quality of life in numerous ways by providing new solutions to problems in health, materials, and energy usage.
The programme aims to allow students to understand, analyse, practice and evaluate the knowledge and laboratory skills of a range of chemistry topics. It provides string training in practical methods, data analysis and problem solving related to chemistry.