In this programme, students will be introduced to the good laboratory practice, manufacturing practice, current food preservation techniques, food processing technologies and more.
Faculty of Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Food Science is a multidisciplinary science that intergrates various fundamentals and potential aspects of food molecules, post-harvest processing and food quality assessment. Food science includes the application of scientific/technological knowledge in minimising post-harvest losses; increasing agricultural productivity, improving the quantity, safety and nutritional quality of crops and animals by all available "tools", including biotechnology and food safety.
In this programme, students will be introduced to the good laboratory practice, manufacturing practice, current food preservation techniques, food processing technologies, food microbial risk accessment and the industrial best practices and will apply them in the form of assignments and final year projects.
There will be advantages if studying Food Science in UTAR, as the students will have opportunity to interact with other science students, for example Agricultural Science, Biotechnology, Microbiology , Biomedical Science and soon Dietetics with Nutrition.