This progarmme offers two distinct pathways towards specialisation in Game Development.
Faculty of Creative Industries
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
This progarmme offers two distinct pathways towards specialisation in Game Development. Students who aspire to create digital games and unleash their creativity via the PC, mobile and game console platforms can choose to pursue either the Game Art and Design path, or the Game Programming and Technology path.
The interdisciplinary structure of this programme trains the students in the technical expertise of digital media and game development, in addition to providing them with the fundamental understanding of art and design in the crafting of game designs, the refinement of mathematical proficiencies in programming language, including the development of skills in entrepreneurship and management. This ensures that graduates will be adequately adept as professional game developers with an all-round understanding of both game design, as well as software development.