The programme is designed to provide students with basic knowledge on various microorganisms, as well as the aspects related to physiology, immunology, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology...
Faculty of Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Microorganisms are the oldest life forms on earth and impact our lives directly every day. They are critical for the well-being of the planet. Microbiologist study all microbes including bacteria, viruses, and fungi. The field of Microbiology has become even more important in recent years, as microbes are involved in current topics such as biofuels and bioenergy, infectious disease and epidemics, bioterrorism, biotechnology, food safety and environment biology.
The programme is designed to provide students with basic knowledge on various microorganisms, as well as the aspects related to physiology, immunology, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology and medicine. The students will gain knowledge in the basic sciences which are essential to microbiology and the application of science to various issues in the modern world.