This programme is designed to equip students with theoretical and practical knowledge in both the fundamentals of physics as well as in its applications in modern technologies.
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Physics is a fundamental science that provides a basis for our understanding of the physical world. Whether it is an electron, X-rays or a star, there is an area of study in physics that explains it. Hence, the applications of physics are wide-ranging from electronics, medical science, to space research. This programme is designed to equip students with theoretical and practical knowledge in both the fundamentals of physics as well as in its applications in modern technologies.
Students will learn to appreciate and understand physics through a hands-on approach in a laboratory setting with state-of-the-art equipment. Besides academic development, this programme also aims to equip students with the proper communication and entrepreneurial skills. Physics is a subject that develops analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to handle large amounts of complex information, all of which are essential for career advancement.