The programme is a multi-major programme which includes statistics analysis, operations research study, computing as well as management skills.
Faculty of Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
The programme is a multi-major programme which includes statistics analysis, operations research study, computing as well as management skills, therefore our student will be well prepared for the job market's requirement.
The key objective of the programme are:
- To ensure students acquire comprehensive understanding in the fundamentals and applications of statistical methods and operations research techniques.
- To equip students with managerial and quantitative approach towards problem analysis, modelling and solving
- To execute statistical methods and operations research techniques via software packages and customised computer programmes.
- To enable students to pursue postgraduate study in statistics and operations research.