The programme aims to equip students with the comprehensive professional knowledge and skills for managing various psychological issues.
Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Guidance and Counselling is a process of helping people to discover and develop their educational, career, and psychological potentialities and thereby to attain an optimal level of personal happiness and social usefulness.
The Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) Guidance and Counselling programme aims to equip students with the comprehensive professional knowledge and skills for managing various psychological issues such as developmental challenges, behavioral difficulties, socioemotional distress and psychological stress from critical events and work. Students will be trained to work towards improving people's psychological well-being and achieving their full potential.