Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) Psychology aims at building in-depth knowledge of an appreciation for the concepts and theories of psychology.
Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Psychology relates to the study of the human mind and behaviours. It explores the processes involved in normal and abnormal thoughts, feelings and actions.
Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) Psychology aims at building in-depth knowledge of an appreciation for the concepts and theories of psychology. It equips students with knowledge of psychology and understanding of the range of applications of that knowledge.
Emphasis is placed on the relevance of the courses to meet the changing needs of the Malaysian socio-economic environment. Students will be placed under supervised industrial training programme to gain practical experience.